Welcome to the Ehsaas Scholarship Program, a flagship initiative of the Government of Pakistan aimed at supporting talented and deserving students in pursuing their education.
The program was launched in 2019 by Prime Minister Imran Khan as a part of his government’s poverty alleviation and human capital development strategy. The name “Ehsaas” means empathy, which reflects the program’s commitment to promoting inclusivity and equality by providing financial assistance to students from low-income families.
The program targets students from underprivileged backgrounds across Pakistan, covering all provinces, including Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan. The objective of the Ehsaas Scholarship Program is to empower students to complete their education, enabling them to contribute positively to the socio-economic development of the country.
Ehsaas Scholarship Program is a key driver of Pakistan’s efforts toward achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The program aligns with SDG 1 (No Poverty), SDG 4 (Quality Education), and SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities) by providing financial assistance to deserving students and promoting access to education for all.
Also, apply for 2023’s Top 10 Private Colleges in Karachi
About Ehsaas Scholarship 2023-2024
- Host Organization: Higher Education Commission
- Degree: Bachelor’s, Master’s, p.hd
- No of Scholarships: 50,000
- Financial Coverage: Stipend, Tuition waiver
List of Universities
- Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University Lyari, Karachi
- Dawood UET Karachi
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
- Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
- SHAHEED MOHTARMA BENAZIR BHUTTO MEDICAL Larkana
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Benzirabad Nawabshah
- Government College University, Hyderabad
- SMI, Karachi
- BBSUTSD) Khairpur Mirs
- University of Law, Karachi Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto
- The University of Karachi
- The Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur
- NED, Karachi
- Peoples University of health science and medical, Sindh
- PAQSJIMS, GAMBAT
- The Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary And Animal Sciences Sakrand
- Sukkur Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur
- University of Sindh jamshoro
- the Liaquat University of Health Science and Medical Jamshoro
- MUET JAMSHORO
- Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi
- QUEST Nawabshah
- The University of Modern Sciences, Sufism and Bhitshah
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
- PMAS-Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- Khwaja Fareed University (KFUEIT), R Y Khan
- University of Okara
- NFCEIT, Multan
- Government College Women University, Sialkot
- Faisalabad Medical University, Faisalabad
- Rawalpindi Women University, Rawalpindi
- Information Technology University Lahore (ITU)
- Lahore College for Women University (LCWU)
- UAF, Faisalabad
- The University of Health Sciences, UHS
- University of Sargodha
- Women University, Multan
- MNS UET, Multan
- MNS Agriculture University, Multan
- National College of Arts (NCA)
- Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU)
- Punjab Tianjin University of Technology-Lahore
- University of Sahiwal
- University of Gujrat
- The University of Punjab, Lahore
- University of Mianwali
- University of Home Economics, Lahore
- GCU, Faisalabad
- Nishtar Medical University, Multan
- IUB, Bahawalpur
- GCWU, Faisalabad
- King Edward Medical University
- GSCWU, Bahawalpur
- University of Narowal
- Fatima Jinnah Women University-Rwp
- Gomal University
- FATA University, Kohat
- KUST Kohat
- Agriculture University Peshawar
- Islamia College Peshawar
- UET Peshawar
- Abdul Wali Khan University
- University of Swat
- University of Chitral
- The University of Peshawar
- Bacha Khan University
- AUST Abbottabad
- University of Swabi
- University of Lakki Marwat
- University of Buner
- University of Science & Technology, Bannu
- The University of Malakand
- Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak
- University of Haripur
- Women University Swabi
- UoT Nowshehra
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar
- Hazra University Mansehra
- IMS Peshawar
- Women University Mardan
- Khyber Medical Peshawar
- UET Mardan
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Shringal, Dir Upper
- Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
- SZAB Medical University
- National University of Medical Sciences, Rawalpindi
- Air University, Islamabad
- Islamic International University (IIUI)
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- Quaid-E-Azam University
- Arts, Science, and Technology University of FederalUrduu
- NUST, Islamabad
- NUML, Islamabad
- UET Khuzdar
- Turbat University
- Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences. Quote
- University of Balochistan Information Engineering, and Management Technology,
- University of Balochistan,
- The Lasbela University of Agriculture Water and Maring Sciences Uthal
- MUST, Mirpur, AJK
- AJKU, Muzaffarabad
- University of Poonch, Rawlakot
- Women University, Bagh, AJK
- Kotli University, Kotli, AJK
- University of Baltistan
- Karakorum Internatinal University, Giglit
Types of Scholarships
Undergraduate scholarships: These scholarships are designed for students who have completed their secondary education and are pursuing their first degree at a college or university. Undergraduate scholarships can cover tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses.
Master’s scholarships: These scholarships are for students who have completed their undergraduate degree and are pursuing a master’s degree at a college or university. Master’s scholarships can cover tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses.
Ph.D. scholarships: These scholarships are for students who have completed their master’s degree and are pursuing a doctoral degree at a college or university. Ph.D. scholarships can cover tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, and research expenses.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) scholarships: These scholarships are designed for students who are pursuing technical or vocational education and training programs. TVET scholarships can cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs associated with the program.
|Scholarship Program||Ehsaas Scholarship Program 2023|
|Organizations involved||Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP)|
|Application deadline||31st December 2023 (for phase I)|
|Number of scholarships||Approximately 50,000 and 200,000 scholarships per year and over four years, respectively.|
|Eligibility||Low-income undergraduate students enrolled in any of the 125 public sector institutions recognized by the HEC|
|How to apply||Online at ehsas.hec.gov.pk|
|Important note||Only online applications will be accepted. Do not send applications directly to HEC or BISP.|
We hope this table makes it easier for you to understand the key information about the Ehsaas Scholarship Program 2023. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Good luck with your application!
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- You must have been admitted to a public sector university based on merit and fulfilling the admission criteria.
- You must be enrolled in an SB Degree program at one of the selected public sector universities.
- Students enrolled in self-sustain/self-support/self-finance evening programs are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students must be admitted to public sector universities recognized by HEC for the Fall 2021 session.
- Students must meet the criteria of need and provide authentic information.
- Only merit-based admissions are granted, meaning students must meet the admission criteria of the institution they wish to enroll in.
- HEC-approved degree programs are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship eligibility is determined by the institution’s regulations, including the maximum age for applying to undergraduate programs.
Conditions of Ineligibility:
- Students who obtain any other scholarship or continuous grant are not eligible.
- Students enrolled in distance learning programs and affiliated colleges (public and private) are not eligible.
- Students admitted on a self-sustaining/self-supporting/self-financing basis, or to an evening program with higher fees are not eligible.
- Ehsaas Scholarships are not available to students enrolled in two-year post-higher secondary or equivalent programs, two-year associate degree programs, master’s degrees, or the designation of BA/BSc programs.
- Students holding associate degrees who are newly enrolled in lateral undergraduate degree programs (i.e. 5th semester) are also ineligible.
If a student is found ineligible for the scholarship based on any of the above conditions, they will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Medical bills related documents/copies of expenditure (if applicable)
- Rent agreement copy for rented houses
- Income certificate/salary slip of the father/guardian and mother
- One picture of the house from outside (front)
- Copy of applicant’s CNIC/birth certificate
- Copies of the last six-month utility bills
- Fee receipts copies of siblings and the applicant
- CNIC copies of father, mother/guardian
- One passport-size photograph of the applicant
If the father is a daily wage/shopkeeper or doing a personal job, you need to attach a financial income certificate that has been stamped on a minimum amount of Rs. 5 stamp paper.
Impact of the Scholarship
The Ehsaas Scholarship is a remarkable initiative that has made a positive impact on the lives of many students in Pakistan. The program provides financial assistance to talented and deserving students who are unable to pay for their education due to economic constraints.
Numerous scholarship recipients have shared their stories of how this program has transformed their lives. Many of them come from underprivileged backgrounds and had little hope of continuing their education. However, the Ehsaas Scholarship has given them the opportunity to pursue their academic dreams and achieve their goals.
The scholarship has not only helped these students financially but has also had a positive impact on their academic and professional careers. Many recipients have been able to complete their degrees without worrying about the financial burden and have gone on to pursue higher education or secure good jobs.
Moreover, the Ehsaas Scholarship has contributed to the socioeconomic development of Pakistan. By providing financial assistance to talented students who might not have had the opportunity to pursue higher education otherwise, the program is helping to build a skilled workforce that will drive economic growth and development in the country.
In conclusion, the Ehsaas Scholarship is a significant initiative that has had a transformative impact on the lives of countless students in Pakistan. By providing financial assistance and supporting academic and professional development, this program is contributing to the socioeconomic development of the country and creating a brighter future for its citizens.
How To Apply!
The PM Ehsaas Scholarship 2023 offers financial aid for students’ education. It covers tuition fees, and stipends, and provides need-based scholarships for undergraduate students. The application process is easy, but students must meet the eligibility criteria to apply. It’s a great opportunity for those who struggle with financial constraints.