If you are a woman from Canada or the United States of America pursuing a doctoral degree at an accredited college or university, then you may be eligible for the P.E.O. Scholar Awards (2023-2024) Scholarships program. Established in 1991, the PSA program provides substantial merit-based awards for women who are pursuing doctoral-level degrees. The PSA program is intended to recognize and encourage academic excellence and achievement by women in doctoral-level programs.we encourage you to apply for P.E.O. Scholar Awards (2023-2024) Scholarships.
Also, apply for University of Dayton Merit Scholarships 2023-24 in United States
Details of the P.E.O. Scholar Awards (2023-2024) Scholarships:
- Location(s): Canada United States of America
- Degree level: PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
The P.E.O. Scholar Awards are one-time, competitive, merit-based awards that provide partial support for study and research. Scholars who receive this award have demonstrated their ability to make significant contributions in their chosen field of study, having assumed leadership positions in demanding fields such as university academics, scientific research, medicine, law, performing arts, international economics, history, literature, government, and many more.
The maximum award amount for the P.E.O. Scholar Awards is $15,000, and since 1990, 2,280 awards have been granted, totaling $24.5 million. The number of awards varies each year and is determined by the funds available. The awards are announced annually in the spring of the ensuing academic year.
Offered Fields of Study:
Here is a list of the fields in which women pursuing doctoral-level study are eligible for the P.E.O. Scholar Awards:
- Biology & Animal Science
- Architecture & Construction Design & Graphic Design
- Computers & IT
- Economics & Business
- Geography & Outer Space
- History & Anthropology
- Human Rights
- International Affairs
- Media, Marketing & PR
- Nursing & Psychology
- Military & Security
- Physics & Math
- Sport & Fitness
- Arts, Video & Photography
- Tourism & Hospitality
To be eligible for a P.E.O. Scholar Award, you must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must either be a citizen or a legal permanent resident of either the United States or Canada.
- Have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Be within two years of graduation from a doctoral program and have at least one full academic year of work remaining as of August of the year you are awarded.
- The recipient must be a full-time doctoral-level student enrolled in an accredited U.S. or Canadian post-secondary institution for the entire academic year of the award.
The PSA Board of Trustees takes into account the following criteria when selecting Scholars:
- Demonstrate potential for making significant contributions in their field(s) of endeavor or for making a positive impact on society.
- Provide recommendations from three university professors or professional mentors.
- Showcase evidence of scholarly activities such as publications, presentations, patents, performances, etc.
- Present academic awards and honors, including honor societies and scholarships, if any.
- Provide academic records.
- Highlight career objectives.
- Showcase unique academic and global experiences.
- Show establishment in the academic program.
Benefits of P.E.O. Scholar Awards (2023-2024) Scholarships:
- Financial assistance: Recipients receive a substantial monetary award to help offset the cost of tuition, fees, and other educational expenses.
- Flexibility: The award provides recipients with the financial flexibility they need to pursue their studies full-time, without having to take on additional work or debt.
- Access to a community of scholars: P.E.O. Scholar Award recipients gain access to a vibrant community of accomplished women scholars, including past and present award recipients, as well as members of the P.E.O. Sisterhood who are dedicated to supporting women in academia.
- Networking opportunities: Through this network, recipients can connect with like-minded peers, mentors, and role models, and gain valuable insights and support as they navigate their academic and professional journeys.
Deadline for the P.E.O. Scholar Awards:
The deadline for the P.E.O. Scholar Awards is November 20, 2023.
Application Information for the P.E.O. Scholar Awards:
P.E.O. chapters accept nominations for potential Scholars from August 20 to November 20 annually. Once a nomination is approved, nominees have 45 days to complete their application. The awards are announced in the spring of each year.