Are you an international student searching for scholarships in Canada for 2023? Look no further than the Study in Canada Scholarships.
Under Global Affairs Canada’s International Scholarships Program, this Short-term Exchange Program seeks to increase opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to host international students from a wide assortment of countries and regions.
Institutions can use this program to show their academic excellence in new markets and strengthen bilateral ties between these different nations.
Ultimately, these newly forged connections can enhance Canada’s education engagement with many partners while also supporting the Government of Canada’s bigger plans to diversify its international trade.
Also, apply for a fully funded scholarship in Canada 2023
About scholarships in Canada for international students 2023
- Country: Canada
- Degree level: Masters and PhD
- Scholarship Type: funded
- Deadline: 11:59 p.m. EDT, March 21, 2023.
- Canada fully funded scholarship 2023
- Lakehead University Scholarships in Canada 2023(fully funded)
- Carleton University Scholarships 2023|study in Canada
|College/undergraduate (4 months)||$10,200||Four months or one academic term||Study or research at the college or undergraduate level. A valid student exchange agreement that waives tuition fees is needed.|
|Graduate (4 months)||$10,200||Four months or one academic term||Study or research at the graduate level (Masters and Ph.D.). A student exchange agreement is not needed.|
|Graduate (5-6 months)||$12,700||Five to six months||Study or research at the graduate level (Masters and Ph.D.). A applicant exchange agreement is not needed.|
Benefits of scholarships in Canada for international students 2023
Selected students may use scholarship funds towards:
✔ Visa or study/work permit fees
- airfare via the most natural and economical route
- Health insurance
- Living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities, and food
- Ground transportation, including a public transportation pass
- Books and collections needed for their study or research, excluding computers and other tools
Canadian institutions are eligible to receive:
- $500 per scholarship recipient to aid with administrative expenses once the student comes to Canada
- refund of other employer compliance fees paid to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in some cases.
- A citizen of an eligible country/territory
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
- Europe: Türkiye, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- ✔ a student enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory
- ✔ paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of your exchange
Applicants are not eligible for this scholarship if:
Your application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency is pending:
- Currently, you are participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada
- Currently enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution
If you are interested in hosting students at your post-secondary institution, you must meet the following requirements:
- ✔ be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- ✔ have a valid student exchange agreement with the student’s home institution that waives tuition fees for scholarship recipients (required for college/undergraduate study only)
Students’ online applications need to be submitted by Canadian institutions by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time in 2023. Canadian march 21, 2023. Canadian institutions should establish an earlier deadline with students and their home institutions to ensure the timely receipt of supporting materials.
- Contact the scholarship administrator, the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE): email@example.com or 613-237-4820
How to Apply for scholarships in Canada for international students 2023?
Canadian institutions applying on behalf of eligible students: application instructions:
- Understand the Eligibility Requirements and Application Deadlines.
- Search for Scholarships Matching Your Profile.
- Review the Financial Aspect of the Scholarship Program.
- Prepare Impressive Documents to Increase Your Chances of Winning a Scholarship.
- Get Ready to Become a Part of Canada’s Culture and Community!
- Assign a program coordinator to complete applications.
- Login or Create an account on Momentum to apply for the scholarship on behalf of candidates.
- Once applicants have logged into their account, choose the Study in Canada Scholarships program in the “For Non-Canadians” area and click on “Apply Now”
- Enter data in the areas labeled mandatory and follow instructions for each item.
- Upload all necessary supporting documents. Each document must be smaller than 5 MB and in .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .txt, or .gif format for the application to upload successfully.
- Verify the data prior to submission.
- Please click “SUBMIT”. You will receive a confirmation message and a reference number when your application is submitted.
- Use your browser’s print function to print the form for your records.
Visit Help with Momentum for more information.