Kochi University of Technology (KUT) is a national university in Japan that was established in 1997. KUT is known for its engineering and technology programs, with a focus on providing students with practical and hands-on education. The university offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various fields, including engineering, information science, and environmental science. KUT’s mission is to contribute to society through the development of advanced technology and the cultivation of talented individuals who will lead innovation in various fields.
Also, apply for UST Scholarships in South Korea 2023
About KUT Doctoral Scholarships 2023 in Japan
- Host Country: Japan
- Degrees level: Ph.D. Degrees
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- University Name: Kochi University
- Deadline: 1st Round: 17th March 2023 2nd Round: 15th September 2023
- Texas Christian University Scholarships in USA 2023
- Swansea University Scholarships 2023
- Auburn University Scholarships in USA 2023
Financial Benefits of KUT Doctoral Scholarships 2023 in Japan
- Fully-funded scholarship for undergraduate students at Kochi University of Technology that covers tuition and living costs
- Exemption from the entrance fee, registration fee, and annual tuition fee
- Monthly salary of 150,000 yen for research project work to cover living expenses (taxes apply)
- 150,000 yen for travel and accommodation costs (for international applicants living outside of Japan)
- Candidates must hold degrees from an authorized university (in contrast to the master’s degrees provided by KUT).
- Applicants are required to obtain the approval of the SSP project leader they have chosen.
- Applicants must be under 35 years old at the time of registration
- Candidates must possess solid bachelor’s and master’s degrees from esteemed institutions.
- Candidates must have a strong academic record.
- Candidates must possess a goal, adequate information, and research abilities before beginning a project.
- Candidates must be really proficient in English.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copies of academic qualifications, including a master’s degree, in either English or Japanese, are required.
- Recent transcripts from schools.
- Original health certificate in English or Japanese, issued within the last six months.
- Printed copies of your earlier works.
- You need to provide a copy of your passport or other identification documents, such as a birth certificate or citizenship certificate.
- Certificate of competency in English.
- One of the following certificates of test results: TOEFL iBT, IELTS, CET-6, or WSK.
- Proposal for research.
Available Fields & Majors
The Kochi University of Technology’s Doctoral Scholarship is available in various fields and majors, including but not limited to:
- Engineering Science
- Systems Engineering
- Information Science and Technology
- Environmental and Renewable Energy Engineering
- Life Science and Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Earth Science and Technology
- Social Systems Engineering
How To Apply!
To apply for the Kochi University of Technology Doctoral Scholarship, candidates are required to submit a completed pre-application to their preferred SSP project leader prior to submitting a formal application. Once they have received approval from the project leader, candidates can proceed to submit their application for the scholarship. In addition to filling out an application form, candidates must also send all required documents to Kochi University of Technology.
- To Apply: Visit the Official Website