The Scotland Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students is now accepting applications. This scholarship program offers full funding for both Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs and is available to international applicants from around the world. This is an excellent opportunity for students seeking to study at world-renowned universities in Scotland with a long history of academic excellence.
Scotland is a diverse region within the United Kingdom that attracts over 50,000 international students from more than 180 countries annually. The Scotland Scholarships are fully funded by the Scottish Government, covering all expenses for eligible students.
The Scotland Saltire Scholarships, in collaboration with Scottish universities, are highly sought-after scholarship programs that offer opportunities for international students to pursue master’s degrees in various academic fields in Scotland. The scholarship duration is one year for a master’s degree, and fields of study include science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, renewable and clean energy, and more.
Also, see: Mandela Rhodes Scholarship 2023
About Scotland Government Scholarship 2023
- Scholarship Name: Scotland Government Scholarships 2023
- Scholarship Coverage: FULLY Funded
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Number of Awards: 50 Scholarships
- Award Country: Scotland
- Institutions: Various Universities in Scotland
- Degree Programs: Master Program
- Last Date to Apply: May 31st, 2022
Available Fields & Majors
|Field of Study||Majors|
|Science||Earth Sciences, Environment, Energy, Geology, Weather and Climate, Plants/Botany, Animals/Zoology|
|Technology||Software, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Information Systems, Multimedia, Computers|
|Creative Industries||Broadcasting, Film, Animation, Journalism, Cultural Publishing, New Media Studies, Computer Games/Computer Arts, Design (including Graphic, Industrial, Interior, and Fashion).|
|Healthcare and Medical Science||Physical and Life Sciences, Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health Sciences, Biotechnology|
|Clean and Renewable Energy||Sustainable Engineering, Renewable Energy, Biomass/Biofuels, Hydro/Solar/Tidal/Wind Po|
List of Scholarships in Scotland for International Students in 2023
The British Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious UK government scholarship that is sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. It covers all expenses for the selected students. For the 2022-23 academic year, 18,000 scholarships are expected to be offered.
The Royal Society is a fellowship of the world’s most famous scientists, and it offers a range of grants for scientific research fellowships. They also provide post-doctoral and early career fellowships, senior career schemes, and grants to work with industry.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan provides scholarships for undergraduate, master, and Ph.D. study programs. It allows citizens of Commonwealth countries to study in Scotland and also offers distance learning and professional fellowships.
Many universities in Scotland offer fully and partially funded scholarships to cover tuition fees and other expenses. International students can search for these universities on Google and take advantage of the scholarships.
To apply for these scholarships, visit the official websites of the organizations and follow the application instructions. We wish you the best of luck in your scholarship applications!
Benefits Of Scotland Government Scholarship 2023
- The scholarship offers financial support of £8000 Pound Sterling, which covers tuition fees.
- In addition to the financial assistance, Saltire Scholars can participate in a program of activities beyond their studies, including engaging with the academic and business community in Scotland.
- This opportunity provides valuable experience and networking opportunities for students while studying in Scotland.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Scotland Government Scholarships 2023, also known as Saltire Scholarships:
- Possess a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to a Scottish university for a qualifying program.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan, or China (including Hong Kong as a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Demonstrate the ability to cover living expenses in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Have not previously completed an undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Have not been awarded a Saltire Scholarship before.
- Satisfy the language proficiency requirements of the program.