The Daad Helmut Schmidt scholarship program 2023 is a fully-funded scholarship for students from developing countries who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme offers master’s scholarships in law, economics, political science, economics, and administration, and provides highly qualified candidates with the latest theoretical knowledge, related skills, and developmental training. Successful applicants will receive a monthly stipend, travel allowances, study grants, and more. The scholarship aims to contribute to the uplifting of civil societies through promoting values of good governance and reforming social structures in developing nations.
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Programme 2023 is open to international students who wish to deepen their career progression paths by acquiring quality-oriented professional skills during the master’s programme’s tenure. The scholarship provides participants with the opportunity to learn under the mentorship of talented professional leaders and work together with diversified people. The scholarship is fully funded, covering tuition fees, airfare, travel, accommodation, medical insurance, and monthly stipend. By joining the prestigious international scholarship programme, students can learn professional leadership skills in an internationally acceptable refined environment and obtain excellent post-graduation degrees.
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Programme 2023 is the most prestigious and highest-paid scholarship in Germany, and participants from developing countries are encouraged to apply. The programme is fully supported by the German government and offers options in critical disciplines that are important to the social, cultural, economic, and political development of the Global South. The scholarship prepares future leaders for a desirable standing in the international system and encourages them to contribute to democratically driven economic and social forms that help overcome social inequalities.
About Daad Helmut Schmidt scholarship program 2023
- Host Country: Germany
- Scholarship By: Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded (No Application Fee)
- Degree Level: Master’s degree
- Deadline: Ongoing
Benefits Of Daad Helmut Schmidt scholarship program 2023
- Exemption from tuition fees.
- Engagement with events and seminars.
- A stipend of Euro 931 per month.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Travel allowances.
- Study grant.
- Research grant.
- Rent subsidies.
- Preceding German language course.
- Graduates from developing countries are eligible to apply.
- The list of eligible countries is based on the DAC list.
- Candidates are ineligible if they have lived in a country not listed on the DAC for more than 15 months.
- Applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months.
- Candidates with a good academic record in social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, and administration are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to contribute to the socio-political and economic development of their countries.
- Relevant work experience is an advantage for applicants.
- Checklist form.
- DAAD Application form.
- CV in reverse chronological order.
- A single letter of motivation.
- Higher education degree certificates.
- Work experience certificate.
- Language certificates in either German or English.
- Written references from a current employer or university teacher.
Available Fields & Majors
|Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems
|Master of Development and Governance
|Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
|Master of Public Policy (MPP)
|Peace and Conflict Studies
|Management in Non-Profit Organizations
|Master of Governance and Public Policy
|English & German
|Master of Public Management (MPM)
Note: Applicants can apply to a maximum of two universities and courses listed above. The available academic fields and study subjects for Master Programs are Social Protection, Development and Governance, Public Policy, Peace and Conflict Studies, Management in Non-Profit Organizations, Development Studies, Governance and Public Policy, and Public Management.
You still have ample time to prepare for the DAAD Helmet Schmidt Scholarship 2023 in Germany since the application deadline is set for July 31, 2022.
How To Apply!
- The selection process for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2023 takes into account the following factors: academic achievement, quality of the motivation letter, alignment of the letter with program objectives, and relevant practical experience.
- The selection committee and the DAAD assess these factors to determine the most promising candidates for the scholarship.
- If you are selected, the DAAD will contact you directly and provide instructions on how to upload the required documents onto the DAAD portal.
- The application process for the scholarship is entirely online, and all the relevant information and requirements can be found on the official DAAD scholarship website.