Are you looking to Become a Youth Ambassador for the 28th Session of the Youth Assembly (Worldwide opportunity)? We have great news for you. The Ambassadors Program is offered to students and young professionals from around the world who have previously attended The Youth Assembly.
Ambassadors are finding to become pioneers in their community, help youth have a voice on the global stage, and represent the mission of The Youth Assembly. Ambassadors work as official representatives of The Youth Assembly.
The Youth Assembly’s 28th session will take place in New York City on August 11-13, 2023.
About Become a Youth Ambassador for the 28th Session of the Youth Assembly
|USA, New York
|Youth Ambassador for the 28th Session of the Youth Assembly
|Applications are open until September 30.
- Applicants Have attended the Youth Assembly as a Delegate
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree from an accepted academic institution during the present academic year OR affiliated with or represent an organization with an alike mission to the Youth Assembly
- Has an agile role or membership role in the college or community
- Has experience and knowledge in working on an SDG(s) area.
- Demonstrates commitment to youth empowerment and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Social media savvy with experience in content creation (short videos, tweets, etc.)
- Outstanding communication and coordination skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as an Ambassador for a one-year term.
- Spread information regarding Youth Assembly programs and campaigns.
- Appointyouth to become delegates at The Youth Assembly.
Ambassadors will promote and represent The Youth Assembly by conducting the following activities (minimum of 6 are required):
- Speak on a podcast
- Connect with an influencer to support our programs (musician, actor/actress, journalist, anchor, philanthropist, politician, social media, etc.)
- Conduct or partake in an online event/webinar
- Speak on a radio station
- Speak at conferences nationally or regionally
- Speak at events at university / schools /colleges/ other institutions
- Plan and speak at events in your local community
- Partner with a Youtuber
- Attend and speak on a television show
- Spread awareness on online mediums by writing blogs/articles/posts.
- Conduct weekly scheduled tweets
- Regular posts on other social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Wechat, etc.)
Ambassadors will adhere to the following standards:
- Full an online report regularly detailing your strategy and progress made with metrics, photos, and specific activities conducted.
- Complete assignments fully and before the deadline.
- When presenting about The Youth Assembly programs, use the promotional materials and protocols.
- Always present accurate information about programs.
- Follow our code of conduct and instill our values:
- Respect for Diversity
- Letter of Recognition for your dedication and work with The Youth Assembly
- Opportunities to build your professional network
- Opportunities to attend Youth Assemblies
- Leadership opportunity by serving as an inspiration to global youth
- Opportunity to publish online
- Receive potential speaking opportunities
- Receive discounts for your delegates for The Youth Assembly*
- Receive complimentary Youth Assembly conference and package fee waivers*
Applicant status and recognition are determined by your quality of work, how actively and effectively you promote the Youth Assembly, and how well you complete tasks and communicate with our team. Criteria include efforts made in promoting and supporting the Youth Assembly, quality of the Youth Assembly selected candidates submitted following procedures and the overall delegation you will be bringing to the next session of the Youth Assembly.
Applicants who perform their duties with excellence will receive Outstanding Ambassador recognition. Outstanding Ambassadors will be honored with a special mention at The Youth Assembly and be promoted on our social media platforms.
How to apply?
To be considered as an applicant, you must fulfill the 2 step application process, which includes a written application and a follow-up online interview. The application form should be filled out and submitted by interested applicants. Priority will be given to the first 200 applications, with the remaining applications reviewed as they come in. The remaining applications will be waitlisted and discussed as needed.
Only selected candidates shall receive an interview request from the staff. If the interview is successful, detailed information and instructions will be provided to the candidate selected.
Applications Are Open – Apply Here (deadline is September 30, 2022)
For more info visit https://www.youthassembly.org/2022/09/12/ambassadors-28th-session/