Are you wondering about the A*Star International fellowship 2023? we have great news for you scholarships are open for international students to pursue a post-doctoral degree in Singapore. Our post-doctoral scholarships offer sophisticated teaching opportunities at prestigious institutes and labs to assist you to create new science capacities and undertake cutting-edge studies in your specialization sector. Not only will you teach from the finest minds, but through this international knowledge, you will also create invaluable networks with the global research community.
Grow your study experience, deepen your wisdom, and build international connections with the A*STAR International Fellowship to promote your science profession. This scholarship fully funds your post-doctoral training at leading laboratories overseas. With this global exposure, you can connect and build global networks with the international research community. Upon fulfillment of your post-doctoral training, you will embark on an exciting career at an A*STAR Research Institute. Scholars will return to Singapore three (3) years after completing their post-doctoral research training.
Details about A*Star International Fellowship 2023:
|Level of Study||Post Doctoral Fellowship|
|Scholarship Type||Fully funded|
|Deadline||The first round is held on 1 October of the previous year|
The second round will be held on 1 March of the same year.
AStar worldwide fellowship provides the recipient with the following advantages:
Successful applicants will be delivered the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance.
- Sustenance allowance for the month, inclusive of CPF contributions (where applicable
- Annual return airfare.
- Other allowances include:
- Settling-in allowance.
- Computer allowance.
- Book allowance.
- Conference allowance.
- Annual personal insurance.
- We expect to complete and fund the three-year project through the preferred A*STAR Research Institute.
- All rates/stipends vary according to country and university/lab and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time.
To be qualified for an A*Star International fellowship, applicants must complete the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- The fellowship is open to Singaporeans and other nationals, but non-Singaporeans must have acquired Singaporean citizenship before submitting an application.
- The last 4 years have seen the completion of a Ph.D.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- A postdoctoral position at a top overseas university or laboratory has been applied for or is in the process of being applied for.
- The AIF is open to Ph.D. candidates in the final stages of their studies. Their AIF award, however, is only confirmed once they have received their Ph.D.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may contain additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply for an A*Star International fellowship?
Please follow the following necessary steps to avail of this scholarship:
- Sign Up for” Create your own account”, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
- Fill in the required application, then Submit it.
- Following the submission of all required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be asked to provide additional information. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in psychometric tests and at least two rounds of interviews.
You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project during the interview. A 15-minute Q&A follows.
If you qualify for the next interview round(s): you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the After post-doctoral training under the AIF, a one-year service commitment is required at that Research Institute.
How to Apply?
The procedure for this scholarship is completely online. Applicants for postdoc positions may only proceed with the online application process if their prospective host supervisor confirms or approves their request.
Ans: The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D
Ans: Applicants are required to have a confirmed placement letter from the Top 200 QS world-ranked universities/Institutes. Applicants for postdoc positions may only proceed with the online application process if their prospective host supervisor confirms or approves their request.